Happy New Year!
A new year brings new growth. I am excited to announce that I am launching a new class in 2010 called Parenting Your Adopted Child: Tweens, Teens and Beyond.
Please join me in spreading the word about a class I have developed and am facilitating that begins February 10, 2010.
Parenting Your Adopted Child is a six-week e-mail course that focuses on helping adoptive parents support adopted tweens and teens as the entire family navigates the sometimes-tumultuous inner and outer terrain of growing up. The class offers a safe space in which parents can explore, reflect on and discuss the process of adoptive parenting.
By the time adoptive parents are done with the course, they will learn:
- How to process the losses that are inherent in the adoption process
- How to openly discuss the topic of adoption with your child
- How to help your child become emotionally unstuck, if and when this happens
- How to manage feelings of rejection, guilt and shame
- How to support your child’s quest for identity and self-esteem
Folks can find out more and sign up here.
Thanks for helping me spread the word about the February 10, 2010 class.